CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 24, 2009

As a owner/moderator of the Group, how do you manage your Group?

On the first day of the IT class, we were ask to create a Yahoo! Group. So, now each of us have our own group. We were ask to think of one topic and discuss in our own Group. In my group, I had come out with topic about "blogging" and as the owner of the group, I have to facilitate the discussion in order to make the group work well and complete the discussion. How?

First : Planning.
I plan about the discussion and my Group. I plan about the question that I am going to ask. I make sure that my question is not sensitive to anyone. I also make sure that my question is simple and easy to understand in order to prevent anyone discuss out of topic. Then, I also set a poll in my Group. The question of the poll is related to the topic in the discussion. Through this poll, i can get more accurate and specific answer from my Group members. This poll can help the members to understand more about the question in the discussion.

Second : Monitoring
After posting the question in my Group, I will spend some time everyday to the computer lab to read on the messages that my Group members reply. This is to make sure that my Group members are discussing according to the topic and not out of topic. At the same time, I will also reply and give my opinion about the messages that my Group members have post. If my members have any question about the discussion, I will try my best to answer them too. This is the way that I monitor the discussion in my Group.

Third : Evaluating
After all the members had reply to the discussion and complete the discussion, i will read all the messages again and collect all different answer and response that given by all members. I will also closed the poll and collect the data from the poll which can give me actual number about who agree and who disagree about the topic. At last, I will make a conclusion by using all the information that collect from the discussion and poll. I will also post the conclusion in the Group in order to share with my Group members.

0 comments: